In this post, you will have an honest and good insights into Bluehost as a Web Hosting provider. This review will help you make a decision on whether you could go ahead or not with Bluehost. For any online business website, after all Web Hosting is one of THE key factors for success. Isn't it? Is Bluehost worth it? Let us now dive deep in to understanding Bluehost more.
Bluehost has built a high reputation in the market in the past decade. It is considered as the best webhosting provider for wordpress. BUT is this true.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. This does not impact your purchase price or our review details.
Product Name: BluehostFounders: Matt Heaton and Danny AshworthWebsite
Ranking: 4.8 out of 5
- You can have FREE domain name for first year. When you find the suitable domain name (you can do this inside Bluehost), you can use it free for one year and renew within Bluehost after one year.
- Bluehost is very Easy To Use. You do not need any special skill for hosting in Bluehost. Absolutely user friendly at every step.
- For the variety of features provided, Bluehost is very affordable and cheap. We will look at the pricing plans further below.
- You can get extra security for your website in the internet for free. SSL certificate in Bluehost provides the extra security.
- You get 30 day money back guarantee for the amount paid.
- Most of the plans include unlimited disk storage, email addresses, domain hosting and bandwidth.
- Bluehost is a highly matured hosting provider with well designed and managed infrastructure.
- They are listed as one of the official recommended hosting providers for WordPress blogs.
- Unlimited video compression. You need optimize/reduce sizes of videos. You can upload your videos directly. Bluehost takes care of optimizing.
- Bluehost does not give you any trial version. You need to directly start with the subscription
- Though support is provided all sevedays for 24 hours, there can be few hitch ups in communication. This is because of different English accents, as sometimes support is handled by non English speaking country persons.
- Bluehost often tries to up-sell its customers through various plugins, which may get you annoyed if you are on a tight budget.
Understand more with CLEAN SCREENs
Homepage looks as below.
After login, you have a cool page which warms you up. You do not get overwhelmed that you are in a technical area!
In the above snapshot, you can look at various options.
- You can have multiple sites and manage them.
- You can create your your own email ids with the domains you create. For example, if you create a domain by name www,domain1.com, then you can create your own email id like email@example.com.
- You can manage your domains from the domains option in the oval highlighted area.
Once logged into the wordpress, all the hosting features are displayed.
In addition to basic features of creation of posts and pages, you get a variety of additional features in the areas of appearance, plugins, tools, user management and so on.
Themes (website appearance templates) are fairly managed by Bluehost. Various themes are available in Free and Paid mode.
Multiple tools provide you various abilities like converting the visitors into subscribers and then customers, configuring google analytics, etc. You will need to look at the tools or plugins needed for you and install them and use them.
Website Performance takes you high or puts you down in any online business!
Be cognizant about the speed performance of your website. Bluehost does a good job in managing and providing performance management and good speed. This is provided by a cache manager called W3TC.
Bluehost Subscription plans - highly flexible
Our most popular solution provideseverything you need to get started.
Great for a new website or blog
Easy-to-use customer dashboard
Fully managed solution
Power, control, and flexibility.Run a server the way you want.
Great for moderate to high traffic
Scalable with on-demand resources
Full root access for additional control
Dedicated hosting provides improvedsecurity and complete customization.
Great for websites with high traffic
For resource-intensive needs
Ultimate security and performance
For the vast majority of website creators, shared web hosting should be fine. If you are building a complete brand new website, you have no way to know how much traffic will your website attract. Going for anything more than shared hosting is more at this phase.
In dedicated hosting, you are hiring a physical server for yourself. This is needed in case big companies hosting high grade websites with millions of visitors, which is not needed for a beginner or intermediate.
VPS hosting is a middle option where you would share a physical server, but you have your virtual operating system. This means the server would function as if it is physically yours.
Viewing statistics is super easy and comprehensive
You can view number of visitors - both unique and returning visitors, number of page views, which pages are visited most and many more statistics.
Look at the details provided by Stats screen.
Look at stats of visits on week basis
Do not get overwhelmed by too much data provided, when you look at the actual screen, it is really easy to look at the data in detail.
You can combine the above with page visits - which page is visited how many times. You get the details month wise, week wise, day wise. Such combined statistics will help you determine what products (for conversion) you can focus on which month, week, day.
Conclusion - YOU decide
All the above detail substantiate that there is no wonder that Bluehost is THE MARKET LEADER in web hosting for many many years. Without its proven performance, it could not be in the top for such long time.
My ranking for Bluehost is 4.8 out of 5.
If you want to have a web hosting which enables your success online, I highly recommend you to host your website in Bluehost.
More About Bluehost
Bluehost offers a 30-day money back guarantee on its contracts. That means you will be given a full refund if you cancel within the first 30 days. If you want to cancel after that you do not receive a prorated refund for the duration of your hosting term that you did not use. Fees for the domain are not refundable. I haven't tried to get a refund with them yet so I can't tell how convenient it is.
Bluehost's ease-of-use makes setting up and running the website a breeze. The improved cPanel app is as user-friendly as it gets — just click on the icons to get to where you have to go.
You will take care of anything in one central place with your web pages and email addresses. The control panel layout can be tailored to suit your needs. That way you can access your favorite features quickly.
Security is an area where Bluehost excels. You get three layers of anti-spam protection in the form of Spam Experts, Spam Hammer, and Apache Spam Assassin. Your directories are all password-protected.You get protection for your inbox as well; it is easy to set up filters.
Another top-notch feature is secure shell (SSH) access. This allows you to access configuration files individually and securely.If you need to block access to your site, you have the option to blacklist IP addresses.
Bluehost also offers single-click integration with CloudFlare, this provides you even more awesome security features and speeds up your site! CloudFlare is particularly good for thwarting DDOS attacks.
This is an environment in which Bluehost gets mixed feedback. Many customers report positive experiences with agents of fast, supportive, friendly customer service. Unfortunately, there are still a number of clients who complain that even with multiple phone calls they did not get the support they wanted.
Another problem with Bluehost is undue upselling. It is a business that loves trying to sell you on add-ons and enhancements, and there are plenty of places where you need flat-out add-ons for complete functionality. If you are on a tight budget, that is a problem.
Who is Right For Bluehost?
• Consumers want to get a good reputation for a trustworthy web host. Bluehost is one of the company's oldest titles, and has built confidence.
• WordPress customers who get access to more functionality and a dedicated support team of WP experts will pay extra.
• Both major and small business operators. Bluehost is fine if you're on a budget and only want shared hosting for general purposes. Beware of the upselling.
It's easy to set up a Bluehost online store offering a wide range of shopping carts: Zen, Cube, Agora and OS Commerce. For your transactions, you get SSL protection, a free created certificate, and the OpenPGP / GPG encryption.
The fact that you are having unlimited storage space starting with shared hosting at the Plus level means you are ready to go adding as many items as you want to your store. Unmetered bandwidth ensures that your costs are consistent and predictable even though you have months of traffic (maybe during the holidays, or as your company grows).
If you're a shop owner, the $200 in free marketing money is also a huge help. This can be used to promote your company through Google, Facebook, Bing and Twitter.
All of that having been said, Bluehost isn't especially known for eCommerce, though certain places make setting up a shop simpler though quicker. Yet Bluehost is an economical option, and to help you sell online you will have access to a lot of great apps.
Security apps Security is an environment Bluehost excels in. With Spam Experts, Spam Hammer, and Apache Spam Assassin, you get three levels of anti-spam security. Also, you get security for your inbox; setting up filters is simple. Each of your files are password safe.
You have the right to blacklist IP addresses if you need to block the access to your site. Secure Shell (SSH) access is also a top-notch option. It helps you to have individual and safe access to the configuration files.
Bluehost also offers CloudFlare single-click integration which provides even more excellent security features and speeds up your web! CloudFlare is especially well suited to thwart DDOS attacks.
For any price point, there are plenty of fun features and extras included, and the variety of plans offers plenty of versatility for every budget. With regard to its products, Bluehost offers whatever your needs.
Despite some negative reviews, most customers are very pleased with the services Bluehost provides. There's a reason this company has such a good reputation for online business for 20 years!
In summary, Bluehost is basically among the top few that I can recommend to everyone. If you are searching for a rock-solid credibility Web host, then look no further than Bluehost. You can customize the solution with inexpensive and flexible plans and in just a few moments, you'll be up and running.
Bluehost is an absolute Web hosting service knockout.